A space robotics company making space accessible to the world
Astrobotic’s Planetary Mobility Department is seeking an electrical engineer to advance our rover development effort and expand our portfolio of cutting-edge solutions in space. The Planetary Mobility Department fosters a collaborative working environment with high degrees of freedom, responsibility, and expectations. We highly value teamwork. We’re building novel solutions to challenging technical problems with the goal of making space more accessible to the world as a commercial platform. The company was recently selected by NASA as a premier organization to deliver American payloads to the Moon and leads the world in international payload sales. Astrobotic has received 30+ NASA contracts to date in areas such as mobile robotics, multi-rover exploration, lunar cave exploration, lunar mining, remote non-geometric terrain sensing, planetary drones, autonomous precision landing, and high-performance computing.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and integrate rover avionics systems
- Maintain and release electrical drawings, system designs and engineering documentation and data
- Assemble technical documentation for internal design reviews
- Lead the electrical design, development and validation effort
- Document processes, specifications, and procedures to support the design of the avionics systems
- Analyze functional (power, thermal analysis, FMEA), and physical design (PCB layout, design for EMC) to assure development of complete integrated design
- Determine and develop an approach to solutions to satisfy design requirements
- Provide technical support to explore and champion new electrical technologies
- 3-5 years of experience designing, developing, and testing hardware in the industrial, preferably robotics, aviation or aerospace industry
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences or related discipline from an accredited college or equivalent experience
- Proficient with Altium or similar
- Proficient with circuit simulation and mixed analog/digital circuits
- Experience designing board layouts
- Proficient with general purpose test equipment (DMM, oscilloscope, power supplies, etc.)
- Must be able to effectively communicate with peers, internal customers and management
- Highly interpersonal skill set and demonstrated behavior of thriving in a strong cross-functional team environment
- Experience with battery /solar powered systems is a plus
- Knowledge of C/C++ programming language
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge developing tests for electronics
- Experience decomposing requirements
- Experience in an Agile work environment
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Applicants should be prepared to submit a writing sample, references, and demonstrate a significant background in space missions.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace