A space robotics company making space accessible to the world
Astrobotic Technology is seeking an Electrical Test Engineer II to serve as a test engineer on our Assembly, Integration and Test subsystem team. Astrobotic Technology wants you for the planning and execution of the electrical integration and test program in the Planetary Lunar Landers department.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s suite of lunar landers deliver payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals. The company is also developing advanced space robotics capabilities such as terrain relative navigation, mobile robotics for lunar surface operations, and reliable computing systems for mission-critical applications. Originally spun out of Carnegie Mellon University in 2007 by William “Red” Whittaker, Astrobotic is pioneering affordable planetary access that promises to spark a new era of exploration, science, tourism, resource utilization, and mining. Astrobotic is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Astrobotic was selected by NASA in May 2019 for a $79.5 million contract to deliver a suite of NASA instruments to the Moon. This mission will see the Peregrine lunar lander return America to the Moon with 22 payloads representing 5 countries.
In June 2020, Astrobotic was selected for a $199.5 million contract to deliver the NASA VIPER rover to the lunar south pole onboard the Griffin lunar lander. This mission will enable NASA’s objective to map water ice on the lunar surface, which in turn supports NASA’s plans for crewed missions in 2024. As part of Astrobotic’s Planetary Landers Team, you will literally be creating history as we define the benchmark for commercial delivery of payloads to the Moon and beyond.
- Integrate and test various flight and non-flight hardware including spacecraft components and subsystems, spacecraft propulsion system, spacecraft electrical system.
- Develop and execute comprehensive procedures that verify all physical and functional subsystem/payload/spacecraft interface requirements.
- Develop test objectives and plans, develop test procedures, execute testing, and document the findings.
- Design, develop, program, and implement data acquisition/test equipment and procedures to support new product development
- Support and troubleshoot the hardware/software configuration/baseline issues during integration and installation phases.
- Generate both manual and automated test reports in compliance with defined standards.
- Review problem reports and/or enhancements to determine testing impacts for the identified modification and regression testing.
- Ensure safety of equipment and personnel during the electrical system integration process.
- Report to the AI&T Lead Engineer to ensure the Electrical Assembly Integration & Test is conducted to plan and successfully delivers a fully certified spacecraft for flight.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equal relevant work experience
- Minimum 5 years relevant integration and test experience with complex electrical systems
- Rapid prototype development skills
- Understanding of complex hardware/electronic systems, experience with environmental testing, ground and test systems, and automated test generation software
Experience in the following:
- Working in an integrated team including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers
- Troubleshooting complex electronic systems
- Developing infrastructure and processes for conducting integration and testing of complex systems
- Very strong communication, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Adhering to established processes within a Quality Management System, working closely with Quality
- Assurance and Quality Inspectors
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with LabVIEW, Test Stand and National Instruments hardware
- Experience with test automation and test script development
- Experience in testing of spacecraft propulsion systems and hardware
- Knowledge of the spaceflight hardware development process
- Providing input to an electrical test campaign for a spacecraft/satellite/launch vehicle project
- Adaptable to startup environment, able to self-start with minimal guidance
- Integration or testing experience in a 100K or ISO8 class cleanroom environment
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace