A space robotics company making space accessible to the world
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company has grown rapidly, signing fifteen commercial customers representing seven countries for its lunar payload delivery service, and winning a $79.5 million NASA contract to fly scientific instruments aboard Peregrine, and again in June by winning a $199.5 million contract to deliver NASA’s water-hunting rover, VIPER, to the south pole of the Moon. The company was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA.
Astrobotic wants you to design, develop, verify, and deploy software code for our lunar landers. You will be responsible for developing unique drivers for flight hardware components, maturing current design, assessing risk and reliability, and working with other subsystem leads to maintain hardware/software compatibility. You will integrate and test with ground and flight systems hardware-in-the-loop environments, write and present technical reports, regularly reporting to the Mission Software Lead on progress.
Note: This position may be filled at multiple levels, including Engineer II, Senior, Principal, etc. depending on the candidate’s experience.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- This position is eligible for remote work, with travel as needed to Astrobotic’s headquarters in Pittsburgh.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience (or 2 years with a master’s degree) in development of software drivers
- Programming in C, C++, and Python (or similar scripting languages)
- oping, testing and debugging embedded software
- Performing software integration and testing, including writing and running unit test code
Real time deterministic systems in an embedded environment
- Using multiple operating systems and development environments including Windows and Linux
- Full software development life cycle for complex systems
- Working with configuration management tools
- Working within an agile development framework
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowedgeable in Failure Detection and Isolation Recovery or fault-tolerant designs
- Exerience with communication or I/O protocols, such as CAN bus, RS-232 / RS-422, TCP/IP, or any spacecraft communication protocols
- Experience working with Git
- Experience developing hardware and systems for space applications
- Experience developing embedded software and instrumentation for spacecraft systems