Affordable Space Technology & Missions
Astrobotic Technology is seeking a GNC Engineer for the Peregrine lunar lander, which was selected by NASA to return America to the Moon. Responsibilities will be to Develop, test, and validate the Peregrine GNC simulation software (C/C++). Execute closed loop software-in-the-loop Monte Carlo simulation tests of the GNC flight software with the simulation. Debug C/C++ Flight software. Analyze test results to verify software meets requirements. Validate simulation models against hardware. Support independent verification and validation of GNC flight software. Develop analysis tools. Write and present technical reports. Support closed-loop mission simulation testing in AI&T and support Peregrine mission operations during flight.
Astrobotic was selected by NASA in May 2019 for a $79.5 million contract to deliver a suite of NASA instruments to the Moon. This mission will see the Peregrine lunar lander return America to the Moon with 22 payloads representing 6 countries. In June 2020, Astrobotic was selected for a $199.5 million contract to deliver the NASA VIPER rover to the lunar south pole onboard the Griffin lunar lander. This mission will enable NASA’s objective to map water ice on the lunar surface, which in turn supports NASA’s plans for crewed missions in 2024. As part of Astrobotic’s Planetary Landers team, you will literally be creating history as we define the benchmark for commercial delivery of payloads to the Moon and beyond. Astrobotic was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA.
- B.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Computer Science
- Strong proficiency in C/C++
- Strong proficiency in Python
- Working knowledge of orbital mechanics and rigid body dynamics
Preferred Skills and qualifications
- Prior experience developing software in a Linux environment.
- Experience with GIT software configuration management
- Experience with real-time embedded C/C++
- Working knowledge of GNC sensors such as IMU, star tracker, and sun sensor
- Working knowledge of Kalman filter and PID controllers