INTEGRATION & TEST ENGINEER
MAKE YOUR MOON SHOT WITH US. Astrobots come to work each day with a mission in mind – make space for everyone. Our team of 160 hardworking and talented individuals are pioneering a new era in space services and technologies that will open space for the world, starting at the Moon. We’re in the business of making history. If you have a genuine passion for space robotics, a desire to build real hardware, and are among the best in your field, we’re looking for you.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s suite of lunar landers delivers payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals. The company is also developing advanced space robotics capabilities such as terrain relative navigation, mobile robotics for lunar surface operations, and reliable computing systems for mission-critical applications. Originally spun out of Carnegie Mellon University in 2007, Astrobotic is pioneering affordable planetary access that promises to spark a new era of exploration, science, tourism, resource utilization, and mining. Astrobotic’s headquarters is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with a second location in Mojave, California.
Astrobotic’s Lunar Surface Systems Department is seeking an integration & test engineer to fabricate, assemble, and test our portfolio of state-of-the-art platforms for lunar surface operations, particularly our lunar rover and power product lines. The Lunar Surface Systems Department fosters a collaborative working environment with high degrees of freedom, responsibility, and expectations. We’re building novel solutions to challenging technical problems with the goal of making space more accessible to the world as a commercial platform. The company was recently selected by NASA as a premier organization to deliver American payloads to the Moon and leads the world in international payload sales.
- Develop procedures and planning for the integration of subsystem components and assemblies to the spacecraft.
- Support the integration and test operations of various flight and non-flight hardware including spacecraft components and subsystems, spacecraft actuated systems, and spacecraft electrical systems.
- Support design and development of ground support equipment, fixtures, and assembly aids.
- Perform troubleshooting and testing of complex electro-mechanical equipment.
- Identify and procure ground support equipment, machinery, and consumables necessary to support integration activities.
- Support on-site and off-site test activities including vibration, EMI, radiation, acoustic, and thermal testing.
- Working in an integrated team including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers.
- Partner with engineering staff, facilities, and procurement agents to identify and order needed tools, equipment, supplies, and PPE.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace or Industrial Engineering or Physics
- Relevant integration and assembly experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with technical writing, documentation, and planning
- Familiar with assembly and integration of complex mechanical and fluid systems
- Proficient in CAD (SolidWorks preferred) and lifecycle management tools
- Safety oriented with a strong attention to detail
- Very strong communication, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Adaptable to startup environment, able to self-start with minimal guidance
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirement
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- M.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace or Industrial Engineering or Physics
- 5+ years of experience integrating or testing complex electro-mechanical systems
- Prior experience integration and test processes for hardware and systems for aircraft, spacecraft or launch vehicles
- Experience coding test scripts in C, C+, Python, or VBA
- Understanding of personal safety, ESD, and FOD procedures
- Experience with commercial manufacturing and ERP software
- Experience with environmental testing, ground and test systems, and automated test generation software
- Integration or testing experience in a 100K or ISO8 class cleanroom environment
Salary Range: $85,000 – $120,000
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and the candidates professional experience. Base salary is just one component of Astrobotic’s competitive total rewards strategy.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request