Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s suite of lunar landers delivers payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals. The company is also developing advanced space robotics capabilities such as terrain relative navigation, mobile robotics for lunar surface operations, and reliable computing systems for mission-critical applications. Originally spun out of Carnegie Mellon University in 2007, Astrobotic is pioneering affordable planetary access that promises to spark a new era of exploration, science, tourism, resource utilization, and mining.
In June 2020, Astrobotic was selected for a $199.5 million contract to deliver the NASA VIPER rover to the lunar south pole onboard the Griffin lunar lander. This mission will enable NASA’s objective to map water ice on the lunar surface, which in turn supports NASA’s plans for crewed missions in 2024. As part of Astrobotic’s Planetary Landers Team, you will literally be creating history as we define the benchmark for commercial delivery of payloads to the Moon and beyond.
Astrobotic Technology wants you to design, develop and deploy the software architecture for the Peregrine and Griffin lunar landers, which were selected by NASA to return America to the Moon and to lead the way for exploration on the south pole of the Moon.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD INCLUDE:
- Communicate routinely with software engineers to resolve issues that impact software development
- Lead software architecture trade studies to guide the development of software
- Leading architecture development and tracking implementation and interfaces of across projects
- Providing oversight of the software architecture requirements across different elements of the mission
- Develops and enforces common practices and conventions for software development and test for different projects
- Review software changes for compliance with requirements and interface
- Identify, monitor, and mitigate risks pertaining to software development
- Provide inputs to the design of avionics and EGSE
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a software engineering role or 4 years in a software development lead role or similar
- Experience leading the full software development life-cycle, including requirement engineering
- Experience with C, C++ or Java, and Python or similar scripting languages
- Experience with conducting V&V activities with a hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) and software-in-the-loop (SWIL) platforms
- Experience with real-time embedded systems development
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Strong documentation skills and task management application experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience developing and managing system test plans with relevant stakeholders
- Experience with Failure Detection and Isolation Recovery or fault-tolerant designs
- Experience coordinating with hardware teams to ensure timely delivery of software solutions
- Experience developing foundational documents and processes for software development
- Experience leading an Agile software development team
- Experience in mission operations for spacecraft systems
- Experience with configuration management processes and tools, such as Git
- Experience developing embedded software for space applications
- Experience and confidence in leading the development command and data handling (C&DH) systems for spacecraft systems
- Experience with communication or I/O protocols, such as CAN bus, RS-232 / RS-422, TCP/IP, or any spacecraft communication protocols
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.