Astroscale is one of the few companies in the world proposing to aid in the removal of orbital debris through the provision of End of Life (EOL) and Active Debris Removal (ADR) services. In addition to providing a technical solution, Astroscale is helping to define the business case for this service and are working with national space agencies, international institutions, non-profit organizations, insurance companies and satellite operators to develop norms, regulations and incentives that contribute to the responsible use of space.
Astroscale is a pioneering international space technology company that is solving a global environmental problem. If you are passionate about the long-term sustainability of space, want to be art of an energetic and dedicated team and are eager to make a difference in the world, come join our team of Space Sweepers! We are always looking for talented and enthusiastic people to join us in this dynamic industry, so take a look at our current vacancies and get in touch.
We are creating the technology.
We are developing the market.
We are gathering for a purpose.
Have fun. Change the future.
- Manage, establish and maintain GNC (Guidance, Navigation and Control) group standard technical processes and approaches.
- Manage, establish and ensure that valid plans are in place to deliver all work related to all projects assigned in the company requiring contributions from the GNC group in accordance with agreed costs/budgets, technical and quality specifications, and schedules.
- Manage, establish and maintain a group level resourcing plan, which captures all work and shows the resources allocated to it. Identifying and managing the training needs, perform regular appraisals for the team and its members.
- Manage and establish group(overheads) budget, for e.g. team training, mentoring, purchases of electrical design/analysis/simulation software licenses, test equipment etc.
- Assist in the generation of bids and proposals, providing input relating to the GNC group.
- Generate initial work package definitions and descriptions for new projects, to define and agree scope, budget and timescales, with the relevant project manager(s).
- Work with procurement and subcontracts function(s) to select external suppliers, review proposals, agree and award contracts for externally supplied items with the relevant domain(s).
- Work with Procurement and Subcontracts function(s) to monitor progress and deliverables of external suppliers.
- Work with production and quality assurance function (s) to promote high quality, low cost and time efficient production.
- Sufficient experience in the relevant technical field:
- Preferably at least 5 years.
- It is not necessary to be a technical expert in the field; however, a high enough level of understanding is required in order to adequately and efficiently make decisions regarding the team and its function.
- Experience of managing functional teams and/or projects.
- Practical experience of FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis)/ FTA (Fault Tree Analysis) for ensuring mission safety and success approach.
- Experience of writing technical specifications for externally procured projects.
- Commercial awareness, and an ability to balance and trade technical, programmatic and commercial risks in the context of commercial projects and products.
- English language capability TOEIC 800+.
- Japanese native, project requirement.
- Experience in development (design, analysis and verification) of spacecraft or launch vehicle’s GNC system.
- Experience in developing or in-orbit operation of RPO (Rendezvous and Proximity Operation) GNC system.
- Experience in developing GNC onboard software or simulator.