Astroscale is one of the few companies in the world proposing to aid in the removal of orbital debris through the provision of End of Life (EOL) and Active Debris Removal (ADR) services. In addition to providing a technical solution, Astroscale is helping to define the business case for this service and are working with national space agencies, international institutions, non-profit organizations, insurance companies and satellite operators to develop norms, regulations and incentives that contribute to the responsible use of space.
Astroscale is a pioneering international space technology company that is solving a global environmental problem. If you are passionate about the long-term sustainability of space, want to be art of an energetic and dedicated team and are eager to make a difference in the world, come join our team of Space Sweepers! We are always looking for talented and enthusiastic people to join us in this dynamic industry, so take a look at our current vacancies and get in touch.
We are creating the technology.
We are developing the market.
We are gathering for a purpose.
Have fun. Change the future.
- Lead the development of the chemical and electrical propulsion satellite subsystem
- Ensure that valid plans are in place to ensure that all project outputs are delivered in line within the agreed budget, schedule and technical specifications.
- Prepare, manage and maintain a team-level resourcing plan which details all project work and allocated resources
- Management of procurement for the chemical propulsion system of the satellite.
- Management of procurement as well as development of the electric propulsion system of the satellite.
- Coordination of the integration of the satellite system.
- Generate and maintain system specifications based on mission requirements.
- Perform system adaptability evaluations and trade-off-studies.
- Perform analysis and studies concerning propulsion component layout and estimation of fuel consumption.
- Coordinate technical specifications with development partners and suppliers. Monitor and track the status of procurement engineers.
- Coordinate the interface between propulsion sub-systems and other sub-systems/satellite systems.
- Generate acceptance and system level test plans. Conduct and evaluate tests, and support test engineers.
- Generate plans for in-orbit operations and support satellite operations.
- Practical experience developing chemical and or electrical systems for satellites.
- Practical experience in procurement for satellites and dealing and negotiating with suppliers.
- 5 years’ experience in relevant technical field.
- Commercial awareness (cost and schedule management, supply chain development etc.)
- English language capability equivalent to TOEIC 800.
- Near native level Japanese.
- 10 years of experience in relevant technical field.
- Practical experience developing propulsion systems for satellites and/or other spacecrafts for the purpose of in-orbit operations.
- Knowledge of satellite development.