Astroscale is one of the few companies in the world proposing to aid in the removal of orbital debris through the provision of End of Life (EOL) and Active Debris Removal (ADR) services. In addition to providing a technical solution, Astroscale is helping to define the business case for this service and are working with national space agencies, international institutions, non-profit organizations, insurance companies and satellite operators to develop norms, regulations and incentives that contribute to the responsible use of space.
Astroscale is a pioneering international space technology company that is solving a global environmental problem. If you are passionate about the long-term sustainability of space, want to be art of an energetic and dedicated team and are eager to make a difference in the world, come join our team of Space Sweepers! We are always looking for talented and enthusiastic people to join us in this dynamic industry, so take a look at our current vacancies and get in touch.
We are creating the technology.
We are developing the market.
We are gathering for a purpose.
Have fun. Change the future.
- Lead development and architectural design activities for the flight software on Astroscale spacecraft:
- Derive and maintain software requirements, define software solutions and system architectures.
- Define ICDs (Interface Control Documents), development and verification plans.
- Design, develop, and validate spacecraft flight software, ground test software and simulation software.
- Coordinate with other teams at sub-system and at system level to identify software needs and solutions.
- Perform the Flight Software verification, validation and integration.
- Participate in the Mission System Test campaigns.
- Support knowledge transfer from Astroscale teams globally and provide technical review inputs to projects across the Astroscale organization.
- Provide experienced guidance and mentoring to junior team members.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant engineering/science discipline.
- 5+ years of commercial experience in software development for mission critical systems.
- Experience with embedded systems programming (C/C++).
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and embedded software engineering.
- Experience of implementing real-time systems and software solutions.
- Experience in developing and implementing software test plans.
- Proactive and self-managing, able to plan and effectively lead areas of responsibility whilst contributing collaboratively within a close-knit team.
- English language capability TOEIC 600+.
- Near native level Japanese skill.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development practices.
- Familiarity with commonly used protocols and standards for spacecraft communications, such as CCSDS, CAN, SpaceWire.
- Experience of spacecraft design lifecycle at all stages from initial concept to design, test, and operations.
- Basic Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.
- Development on Linux systems.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Matlab, bash).
- Knowledge of assembler for microcontrollers.
- A basic knowledge in the following areas: debris removal, end-of-life, in-orbit servicing.
- Excellent technical communication and presentation skills.