Securing Space Sustainability
Astroscale is the first private company with a vision to secure the safe and sustainable development of space for the benefit of future generations, and the only company solely dedicated to on-orbit servicing across all orbits.
Headquartered in Japan, Astroscale has an international presence with subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, the United States, Israel, and Singapore. Astroscale is a rapidly expanding venture company, working to advance safe and stable growth in space and solve a growing environmental concern. End of Life Services by Astroscaledemonstration (ELSA-d), the company’s first on-orbit demonstration of debris capture and removal, is operational since March 2021.
Astroscale Israel is a subsidiary of Astroscale U.S. developing the cutting-edge technologies of Rendezvous and docking in space for satellites life extension and additional In Orbit Services.
We are currently seeking a computer vision algorithm developer for our autonomous satellite navigation project to join our team in Tel Aviv.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To develop new algorithms for pose estimation of a target in space environment
- To evaluate and improve performance of currently used computer vision and image-processing algorithms, over a set of existing laboratory and synthetic images
- To create and test new scenarios in a dedicated camera simulators and various laboratory tests
Qualifications & Skills:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science/Physics/Mathematics/Electrical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering
- M.Sc./Ph.D. thesis in computer vision field – advantage
- Experience in “classic” computer vision for tracking / pose estimation for at least 3 years
- Experience with image processing (AGC, HDR, reflections and noise removal) – advantage
- Experience with camera setups, calibrations, measurements
- Experienced in C++
- Experienced in MATLAB or Python scripts for data handling and analysis
- English working proficiency
- Full time position
- Company office in Tel Aviv
- Option for hybrid work