Securing Space Sustainability
Astroscale is the first private company with a vision to secure the safe and sustainable development of space for the benefit of future generations, and the only company solely dedicated to on-orbit servicing across all orbits.
Headquartered in Japan, Astroscale has an international presence with subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, the United States, Israel, and Singapore. Astroscale is a rapidly expanding venture company, working to advance safe and stable growth in space and solve a growing environmental concern. End of Life Services by Astroscaledemonstration (ELSA-d), the company’s first on-orbit demonstration of debris capture and removal, is operational since March 2021.
Astroscale Israel is a subsidiary of Astroscale U.S. developing the cutting-edge technologies of Rendezvous and docking in space for satellites life extension and additional In Orbit Services.
We are currently seeking an experienced embedded software and electronics engineer for integration of an autonomous navigation payload in Tel Aviv.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To lead integration between modular computing unit and sensors (cameras, lidar)
- To take part in integration between the flight software and the computing unit
- To take part in developing flight software
Qualifications & Skills:
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering / Computer Science / other relevant engineering, or equivalent IDF education
- At least 5 years of experience in embedded systems development, preferably avionics or other relevant real- time embedded systems
- Experience in integration in laboratory
- Experience with BSP on Linux Embedded platforms
- Experience with Linux Kernel configuration (LTIB, Yocto, etc)
- C++/Linux development skills
- Experience with FPGAs (SW/HW interface)
- Experience with device drivers such as PCIe, UART, Flash/RAM interface
- Experience with TCP/UDP
- Experience with visual sensors integration – advantage
- English working proficiency
- Full time position
- Company office in Tel Aviv
- Option for hybrid work