Astroscale is the first private company with a vision to secure the safe and sustainable development of space for the benefit of future generations, and the only company dedicated to on-orbit servicing across all orbits.
- Design and Develop electrical equipment’s & components (with some equipment’s and components having MPU, or Micro Processing Units).
- Design and analysis of electrical and electronic equipment (interface and specification).
- Manage electrical equipment related budgets and resource range for mass, power, data storage etc.
- Design electrical system harnesses for satellites including but not limited to harness connection design and harness routing design.
- Coordinate with subsystem engineers regarding electrical connections for harness design.
- Coordinate with subsystem and system designers.
- Generate specifications for electrical equipment components and harnesses.
- Plan, prepare and conduct electrical tests of components and subsystems.
- Conduct component-level environmental test such as vibration, thermal vacuum/cycle, and electrical tests.
- Conduct interface verification tests with other subsystems.
- Evaluate and review test results.
- Coordinate with equipment and component vendors and manufacturers.
- Coordinate technical interface with cable suppliers regarding cable specifications.
- Manage ICDs (Interface Control Documents) of satellite subsystems and components for harness design.
- Design and procure test harnesses for conducting electrical tests, including subsystem tests.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience working as a electrical design engineer.
- Basic knowledge of electrical system engineering such as satellite electronics system, car electronics system, medical electronics system, etc.
- Knowledge of cables, harnessing, and connectors such as satellite harness, car harness, medical electronics harness, business machine harness etc.
- Basic Knowledge of mechanical engineering.
- Experience in one of the following:
- Digital signal equipment/circuit design and analysis.
- Analog signal equipment/circuit design and analysis.
- Mixed signal equipment/circuit design and analysis.
- Basic knowledge of embedded software engineering.
- Able to identify problems, perform root cause analysis, and implement solutions.
- English language capability TOEIC 600+.
- Near native level Japanese skill.
- Experience in developing onboard satellite electrical equipment including MPU.
- Knowledge of FMEA (Failure Mechanism and Effects Analysis)/FTA (Failure Tree Analysis).
- Experience of using SPICE and Scilab.
- Knowledge of MIL standards (United States Military Standard) and ESA standards (European Space Agency Standard), especially MIL cable specifications and derating criteria.
- Basic knowledge of EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility).
Satellite electrical engineer
- Design and develop electronic devices and electronic control devices for artificial satellites (with MPU -Micro Processing Unit-)
- Design and analyze interfaces and specifications for electronic devices and electronic control devices
- Electronic devices and electronic devices Manage controller budgets and resources (mass, power, data resources)
- Design harnesses for artificial satellites Harness connection design, harness routing design, parts (wires, connectors, etc.) selection
- Harness design From the viewpoint, carry out technical coordination with other subsystems as a system
- Perform technical coordination with subsystems and system designers
- Create specifications for electronic devices / electronic control devices and harnesses
- Electronic devices / electronic control devices , Plan, prepare, and perform
electrical tests for
- Perform equipment-level environmental tests such as vibration tests, thermal vacuum tests, thermal cycle tests, and electrical tests • Perform interface tests with other subsystems
- Test results Evaluate and verify
- Make technical adjustments regarding the supplier, manufacturer and specifications of electronic devices / electronic control devices and harnesses
- Manage ICD (Interface Control Documents) between each subsystem
- Electrical test, subsystem test Design test cables and test harnesses for
- Over 5 years of experience as an electrical engineer
- Basic knowledge of electrical system design (satellite electrical system, automotive electrical / electrical system, medical equipment electrical system, etc.)
- Harness design and manufacturing knowledge ( Harness design for satellites, automobiles, medical equipment, office equipment, etc.)
- Knowledge of cables, harnesses, connectors
- Basic knowledge of mechanical design
- Experience in any of the following-
- Digital equipment / circuit design, Analysis experience
- Analog equipment / circuit design, analysis experience
- Digital-analog mixed equipment, circuit design / analysis experience
- Have basic knowledge of embedded software
- Detect problems early, identify causes, and solutions Present and execute
- Have TOEIC 600 points or higher English ability
- Have near-native Japanese ability
- Experience in developing electronic controls equipped with processors
- Knowledge of FMEA (Failure Mechanism and Effects Analysis), FTA (Failure Tree Analysis)
- Can use SPICE, Scilab, etc.
- MIL Knowledge of standards (United States Military Standard) and ESA standards