The only company solely dedicated to on-orbit servicing across all orbits
Astroscale is a Tokyo-based company that employs highly motivated and experienced computer vision (CV) senior software engineers. The space debris problem, which is becoming more serious every day, is a problem that threatens sustainable space asset management, and Astroscale is a company that is trying to solve this problem. In the duties recruited this time, you will participate in and contribute to the concept of mission solutions and the formation of a viable team. This job is based in Japan, but there is also collaboration with the global team. This is your unique opportunity to be part of a vibrant, fast-growing company.
- Take responsibility for managing and coordinating entire bids, or parts of bids as required, through the bid process from call opening all the way to bid submission.Bids herein includes proposals to customers, technical feasibility studies, and Astroscale internal R&D projects.
- Report to and support the Project Manager and the Technical Manager (functioned by the Director of Engineering).
- Responsible for working on multiple bids/projects.
- Write proposal documents, mainly but not limiting to project management sections.
- Closely coordinate with other relevant teams in Astroscale (as needed for larger bids), including projects, engineering, procurement & contractual, finance, business analysis teams.
- Support creation of further bid process and integration into the sales pipeline process.Establish the model process and proposal document format throughout multiple bids.
- 3+ years’ experience in either Business Development, Project management, or systems engineering in a Technical Industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills including to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience of working on bids / proposals.
- A good grasp of at least several of the core domains commonly seen in bids: technical, commercial, financial, implementation, management, contractual, risk.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and willing to take initiative.
- Native level Japanese Proficiency; excellent Japanese writing skills for comprehensive documents.
Business level English skills (TOEIC 700+)
- Experience of working on bids of various different sizes, from 1 to 2 pager propositions for expressions of interest, to small R&D bids, to larger mission / service proposals of hundreds of pages.
- A good grasp of all core domains commonly seen in bids: technical, commercial, financial, implementation, management, contractual, risk.
- Experience in the aerospace industry.