Mission and Systems Engineer
Securing Space Sustainability
- Lead mission and systems engineering activities
- Development of spacecraft mission and system design
- Requirements derivation and CONOPS definition
- Perform and maintain satellite system design, model and analysis
- Trade-off and control platform systems budgets e.g. mass, power, data, fuel
- Generate and maintain mission and system verification and validation plan and tracking verification status
- Coordinate and work closely with missions and systems managers, subsystem managers and the project manager
- Support the selection and monitoring of suppliers and subcontractors
- Support planning and execution of AIV activities including satellite assembly, integration, functional testing and environmental testing
- Assisting with bid work, providing technical solutions and documentation.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in space system projects
- System level knowledge in space systems design and AIV activities, and practical experience in several phases of the lifecycle from requirements definition through to verification
- Good knowledge of a range of subsystems & engineering teams including: GNC (AOCS, ADCS), astrodynamics, C&DH / OBDH, EPS, RCS (propulsion), COM (communications), software, ground segment & operations
- Familiarity with space industry standards and approaches
- Flexibility to adapt and work in a fast paced and changing environment, and able to accommodate those changes in the work schedule
- English language capability TOEIC 800+
- Business level Japanese Proficiency
- 10+ years of commercial experience in a Systems Engineering role for satellites.
- Knowledge of commonly used engineering and modelling packages (e.g. ModelSim, Matlab, STK) and/or experience with model based system engineering.
- Knowledge of the area around debris removal including: licensing, export, regulation, space law.
- Knowledge of past missions of relevance: RemoveDebris, CleanSpace / ESA projects e.g. e.DeOrbit, DEOS, ATV, ETS-7