Securing Space Sustainability
- Design and Develop electrical equipment’s & components (with some equipment’s and components having MPU, or Micro Processing Units).
- Design and analysis of electrical and electronic equipment (interface and specification).
- Manage electrical equipment related budgets and resource range for mass, power, data storage etc.
- Design electrical system harnesses for satellites including but not limited to harness connection design and harness routing design.
- Coordinate with subsystem engineers regarding electrical connections for harness design.
- Coordinate with subsystem and system designers.
- Generate specifications for electrical equipment components and harnesses.
- Plan, prepare and conduct electrical tests of components and subsystems.
- Conduct component-level environmental test such as vibration, thermal vacuum/cycle, and electrical tests.
- Conduct interface verification tests with other subsystems.
- Evaluate and review test results.
- Coordinate with equipment and component vendors and manufacturers.
- Coordinate technical interface with cable suppliers regarding cable specifications.
- Manage ICDs (Interface Control Documents) of satellite subsystems and components for harness design.
- Design and procure test harnesses for conducting electrical tests, including subsystem tests.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience working as a electrical design engineer.
- Basic knowledge of electrical system engineering such as satellite electronics system, car electronics system, medical electronics system, etc.
- Knowledge of cables, harnessing, and connectors such as satellite harness, car harness, medical electronics harness, business machine harness etc.
- Basic Knowledge of mechanical engineering.
- Experience in one of the following:
- Digital signal equipment/circuit design and analysis.
- Analog signal equipment/circuit design and analysis.
- Mixed signal equipment/circuit design and analysis.
- Basic knowledge of embedded software engineering.
- Able to identify problems, perform root cause analysis, and implement solutions.
- English language capability TOEIC 600+.
- Near native level Japanese skill.
- Experience in developing onboard satellite electrical equipment including MPU.
- Knowledge of FMEA (Failure Mechanism and Effects Analysis)/FTA (Failure Tree Analysis).
- Experience of using SPICE and Scilab.
- Knowledge of MIL standards (United States Military Standard) and ESA standards (European Space Agency Standard), especially MIL cable specifications and derating criteria.
- Basic knowledge of EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility).