Securing Space Sustainability
- Lead and supervise development and design of the solar array paddles (SAP) onboard the Astroscale spacecraft.
- Design the structure and mechanism of the honeycomb panel, deployment mechanism, and hold and release mechanism of SAP, and prepare the manufacturing drawings and the work procedures.
- Carry out procurement specification coordination and supplier management of the sun-tracking solar array drive mechanism.
- Prepare and maintain SAP development specifications according to system requirements.
- Coordinate the interface with the satellite system and subsystem.
- Work closely with purchasing officers to coordinate specifications, costs, and schedules with suppliers and external development partners and manage progress.
- Carry out planning, execution, and evaluation of structure, mechanism, and drive tests.
- Coordinate the interface with the satellite system subsystem.
- Plan and support the implementation of satellite system tests and launching operations.
Have one of the following skills:
- Have at least five years of practical experience in the design and development of structures or mechanisms.
- Can handle CAD
- Experience in simple stiffness analysis and strength analysis
- Knowledge and experience in the design of mechanisms and honeycomb panels
- Knowledge and experience in mechanical assembly work
- Knowledge and experience of motor drive design.
- Have practical experience in planning, preparing, implementing, and evaluating structural and mechanical tests.
- Being aware of working as a commercial business (short-term development, low cost, supply chain development, etc.)
- Experience in coordination and negotiation with mechanical processors and subcontractors
- English ability equivalent to or exceeding TOEIC 600.
- Have at least 10 years of practical experience in the design and development of structures or mechanisms. 。
- Experience in stiffness analysis, strength analysis, etc. using structural analysis software (NASTRAN, SOLIDWORKS)
- Have practical experience in planning, implementing, and evaluating structural and motor drive tests (especially vibration tests)
- English ability equivalent to or exceeding TOEIC 700.