Securing Space Sustainability
- Develop the debris capture system for the Astroscale spacecraft.
- Generate and maintain system specifications based on mission requirements.
- Carry out design, trade-off-studies, analysis, and verification for the debris capture system pertaining to sensing, control, and mechanics.
- Coordinate the interface between the mechatronic sub-system and other existing sub-systems/satellite systems.
- Coordinate technical specification activities with development partners and suppliers for procurement purposes.
- Monitor and track the status of procurement by working closely with procurement engineers.
- Coordinate with the production division and/or development partners for the manufacturing and assembly of the system.
- Generate mechatronics subsystem-level test plans. Conduct and evaluate tests.
- Coordinate system integration with existing satellite systems.
- Generate acceptance and system-level test plans.
- Conduct and evaluate tests and support other engineers in testing.
- Generate plans for and support the in-orbit operation of the debris capture system.
- Experience in developing highly reliable electro-mechanical systems (mechanism and control design, analysis and verification).
- More than 10 years practical experience.
- Practical experience in dealing and negotiating with suppliers.
- Commercial awareness (cost and schedule management, supply chain development etc.).
- English language capability equivalent to TOEIC 700.
- Near native Japanese language proficiency.
- Practical experience in developing space robotics.
- Knowledge of satellite/spacecraft system development.