Astroscale is seeking to employ an experienced and motivated Ground Segment Engineer at our facility based in Harwell, UK. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris that endangers mankind’s continued use of space as an asset. Whilst the candidate will primarily work in the UK, they will interact extensively with a larger team in Astroscale’s Japan Office and may be required to travel to Tokyo as needed in support of Astroscale projects and operations.
- Lead the development of Mission Control System (MCS) and or Simulator
- Support the supplier’s development team acting as a Product Owner.
- Participate in the design of the systems including:
-Requirements capture, definition, tailoring, analysis and conversion to use cases and stories.
-Process and procedure definition and evaluation.
-Development support and solution testing.
- Interface with supplier’s technical teams regarding the ground segment.
- Perform the Ground Segment verification, validation and integration.
- Participate in the Mission System Test and or Simulation campaigns.
- Provide support to the definition of Concept of Operations.
- Document generation and support.
- Supporting the operations team to resolve technical issues and providing advice on best practice.
- Provide technical expertise on Simulation
- University degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience in software development and software engineering.
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience in the design and development of satellite user or ground segment products and technologies.
- Experience with Mission Control Systems, preferably based on SCOS-2000.
- Overall knowledge of the main components of a ground segment and how they interact between them.
- Work in a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of SIMULUS
- Knowledge of Ground Stations.
- Experience or knowledge of Scrum as being part of development team or Product Owner.
- Knowledge of C++ and or Java programming languages.
- Basic Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.
- Development on Linux systems.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of mission simulators