This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris that endangers mankind’s continued use of space as an asset.
Astroscale is seeking to employ an experienced and motivated Procurement Manager at our facility based in Harwell, UK. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris that endangers mankind’s continued use of space as an asset. This role will allow the right candidate to shape solutions for our missions. Whilst the candidate will primarily work in the UK, they will interact extensively with a larger team in Astroscale’s Japan Office and may be required to travel to visit suppliers globally.
- Support Astroscale procurement activities across all areas and business units
- Review and/or drafting procurement/commercial documents (SOW, Contract, NDA etc.)
- Support for preparing technical specifications
- Support/lead negotiations with candidate suppliers
- Draft and issue procurement contracts at Harwell mainly for UK products, but not excluding all
- Astroscale business entities
- Support/lead supplier control after awarding contract until completion of delivery
- Ensure export control of procurements to final destination, including export control of supplier’s country
- Interface with space agencies and industry suppliers as required
- Administrative tasks such as mailing, handling office supplies and international shipment
- The position reports to the Head of Procurement based in the UK.
- Minimum 3 years Engineering Procurement experience preferably in the Space Industry
- Experience in preparing and review commercial documents (SOW, Contract, NDA).
- Experience of the Procurement lifecycle in a similar engineering product.
- Knowledge of Export controls in Europe/US
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent administration and organizational skills
- Excellent English written and verbal skills
- Experience of working as part of a project team
- Must be able to work within ITAR conditions under TAA.
- Diploma; bachelor or master’s degree in a relevant discipline, engineering, business Management, Procurement.
- A good knowledge in ESA/JAXA or other Space agency Procurement processes
- Whilst the working language across all Astroscale divisions is English, proficiency in spoken and/or written Japanese would be considered an asset.