Securing Space Sustainability
Astroscale is seeking to employ an experienced and motivated Senior Electrical Spacecraft Assembly, Integration, and Verification (AIV), for a position at our facility based in Harwell, UK. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris that endangers mankind’s continued use of space as an asset. This role will allow the right candidate to shape solutions for our missions and to develop the team capable of delivering them. Whilst the candidate will primarily work in the UK, they will interact extensively with a larger team in Astroscale’s Japan office and may expect to be required to travel to Tokyo as needed in support of Astroscale projects and operations.
- Delivery of Spacecraft/Mission level Electrical Assembly, Integration, and Verification
- Electrical AIV test set-up design, development and commissioning.
- Create and maintain satellite AIV procedures, plans, workflows, and schedules in accordance with technical and programmatic requirements.
- Contribute to bid-related activities, including generation of (and subsequent delivery against) AIV related cost and schedule budgets.
- Work within matrixed project teams, contributing to parallel missions of UK and international nature.
- HND or higher education qualifications within mechanical/electrical/science fields.
- 5+ years of commercial experience delivering spacecraft or mission-level AIV activities across a range
- of mission types.
Thorough knowledge and experience of spacecraft/mission AIV process, ideally with an established delivery record across several manufacturers.
- Deep technical knowledge/understanding of AIV planning, processes, GSE (mechanical & electrical) development, set-up and operation, and verification activities of Electrical AIT activities (including subsystem, system, and environmental level testing).
- Proactive and self-managing, whilst contributing collaboratively within a close-knit team.
- Be eligible and registered to work within the UK and/or Europe.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in relevant engineering or science discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ideally, experience interacting with international teams.
- Design skills and knowledge for the development of test infrastructure (mechanical and/or electrical).
- Well organized, flexible working approach, ability to adapt to change.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, active space debris removal and space debris removal missions.
- Understanding of both traditional and ‘new space’ mission approaches.
- Awareness of ECSS standards in system engineering, testing and verification.
- Experience with scripting languages and automated testing tools.
- Whilst the working language across all Astroscale divisions is English, proficiency in spoken and/or written Japanese would be considered an asset.
Knowledge of planning and execution of environmental test campaigns (including Thermal Vacuum and Mechanical verification campaigns)