Securing Space Sustainability
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris that endangers mankind’s continued use of space as an asset. To achieve this objective, our missions relay in powerful satellite simulators for validating and preparing the mission operations.
We are looking for a Simulation Software engineer with a passion for space and simulation. You will be simulating satellites in the toughest conditions and performing manoeuvres in close proximity to other space assets. As part of the team, you will work on all aspects of software development on our state-of-the-art simulators, from analysis and design, through to testing and deployment.
- Design, implement and test spacecraft simulators as part of a team of software and aerospace engineers
- Develop and integrate spacecraft simulation software based on client’s requirements
- Validate, configure, and deploy simulation software in Astroscale’s environments
- Develop scripts based on the client’s operational scenarios
- Perform maintenance activities on simulators to ensure highest availability to users
- Support in writing standard Operational procedures to the Operations team
- Write startup scripts to configure the simulators as required for the different operational configurations
- University degree in Computer Science, Electronics, or other STEM discipline
- Minimum 3+ years of industry experience in software engineering, real-time software development, preferably using modelling and simulation technologies
- Experience in debugging, profiling on Linux
- Sound knowledge of modern C++ (C++14)
- Object oriented programming using UML, design patterns
- Experience with unit testing
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience with ECSS SMP and SIMULUS Suite (ESA) and/or other spacecraft simulation frameworks
- Experience with Agile software development, tools and methods
- Experience with ECSS-E-70 (PUS), SCOS MIB
- Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to work with a highly talented international team working on cutting edge technology
- Flexible working around core hours
- Hybrid working available (Dependent on individual role requirements)
- 25 days holiday (increasing yearly up to a maximum of 28 days) + 8 days Bank Holiday per year
- Life insurance and long-term sick pay
- Private healthcare (taxable benefit)
- Relocation allowance
- Visa sponsorship for employees
- New state of the art office and cleanroom facility (opening summer 2022)
- Regular social events.
- Astroscale UK (Harwell), with potential for some travel to Astroscale Japan (Tokyo)
Astroscale is the first private company with a vision to secure the safe and sustainable development of space for the benefit of future generations, and the only company dedicated to in-orbit servicing across all orbits. Founded in 2013, we are developing innovative and scalable solutions across the spectrum of in-orbit servicing missions, including End of Life services, Active Debris Removal, In-situ Space Situational Awareness and Life Extension Services, to create sustainable space systems and mitigate against the hazardous build-up of debris in space.
Note to recruitment agencies: Astroscale operates a preferred Supplier List, and we do not accept unsolicited agency approaches. Please do not forward candidate CVs or details in response to this advert, or to any Astroscale employee.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace