The only company solely dedicated to on-orbit servicing across all orbits
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris that endangers mankind’s continued use of space as an asset.
To achieve this objective, our missions rely on powerful satellite simulators for validating and preparing the mission operations. Thus, we need to develop state-of-the-art simulators in-house, with responsibilities across the whole lifecycle, from design and development to testing and deployment.
The candidate will provide technical leadership of the development of simulators at Astroscale UK as well as team leadership through coaching, mentoring and by-example. Therefore, we are looking for an experienced Simulator Engineer who wants to take the next step up in his/her career or an experienced team leader looking for a new challenge.
- Lead the Simulators team – in charge of design, development, integration, validation, deployment and ongoing maintenance of satellite simulators
- Ensure the simulators are developed to the required level of quality and on time
- Motivate and develop the Simulators team members, mentoring junior engineers and establish a strong sense of team identity
- Act as interface and Subject Matter Expert for all technical aspects regarding simulators development
- Oversee the design and development of Simulators
- Coordinate with other teams at both sub-system and system level to identify the Simulation needs
- Ensure the validation, configuration and deployment of simulators in Astroscale’s environments is correctly performed
- Technical supervision and monitoring of suppliers
- University degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Telecommunications, or another relevant engineering discipline
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience in modelling and simulation of digital electronics (processors, memory, FPGA) and interfaces/buses (CANBus, RS422, RS485, SpaceWire)
- Minimum 3+ years of industry experience in software development using C/C++ , real-time software development, preferably using modelling and simulation technologies
- Experience in leading a team, either in a project or managerial capacity
- Experience with SMP2 and SIMULUS Suite and/or other spacecraft simulation frameworks
- Experience with an emulation suite, preferably ESOC Emulator Suite or TEMU
- Experience in debugging and validating spacecraft onboard data handling subsystem
- Experience in debugging, profiling on Linux
- Sound knowledge of modern C++ (C++14)
- Object oriented design using UML, design patterns
- Experience with unit testing
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience with Agile software development, tools and methods
- Experience with ECSS-E-70 (PUS), SCOS MIB
- Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.