Solutions, Speed and Scalability Drive The Belcan Edge Quality outcomes you can count on every time
If you are interested in this role, Apply Today!
Job Description Summary
Woot, a subsidiary of Client specializing in daily deals done differently, is in progress of modernizing our entire technology platform to better innovate on behalf of our customers.
- Do you enjoy taking ownership and having high impact?
- Do you enjoy learning and exploring new technologies?
- Do you enjoy working in small groups to achieve big goals?
- Do you enjoy establishing technology best practices and helping mentor others on your team?
If so then Woot could be a great place for you to grow your career while you enjoy our fun-loving and sometimes goofy team culture.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Design services and systems from a set of user requirements.
- Maintain services through their lifecycle including development, testing, user validation, and operations/monitoring.
- Continuously train to stay on top of industry and AWS best practices.
- Recommend process improvements and technology best practices to raise the bar of the team.
- Coordinate with a small group to build new software and maintain existing systems.
A day in the life
Currently Woot is modernizing our entire technology platform. We are building a federated GraphQL API similar to what other teams like IMDb use to serve high-volume, low-latency traffic. Woot technology was last designed at this scale over 15 years ago! This means we are rethinking how our services interact and what their relationships should be.
In addition to our API we are rebuilding our internal sites for our business users and our vendor partners. We are automating many of their manual tasks to allow them to scale in ways they cannot now – having a big impact on their productivity.
About the team
Woot Services operates all of the back-end services at Woot. Our team size is 20 but we work in pods of 3 – 4 to design, build, test, and maintain our services. Team members get to know each other well and solve problems together. This model gives us flexibility for our team members to move into areas they want to grow.
We highly value efficiency and efficacy and will modify our practices and approach often to deliver better with less effort. All team members are engaged in this process and have input into our team practices.
- MS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field plus one year of experience in the job offered or related occupations of Software Engineer, Software Developer, or related.
- Experience in the job offered or related occupation must involve multi-threaded programming and distributed programming in Java or C++ on Linux.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Experience must also involve JDBC, SQL, and Object-Oriented design and design patterns.
- Mathematics, or a related field plus five years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty as equivalent to the Master’s degree.
- GraphQL or REST API experience
- React experience or willingness to learn front-end technologies