ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
Our client is looking for a Software Architect specialized in satellite monitoring and control systems to support the Sentinels MCS system and, at a later stage, tasks related to the Sentinels Simulators Engineering support.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- For a Satellite Mission Control Center (MCS) system, the responsibilities include:
- Specification of the software requirements in collaboration with the operational users;
- Definition and specification of their internal and external interfaces in agreement with the relevant parties;
- Acceptance of the deliverables received from partners, ensuring correctness, completeness and compliance to the applicable requirements;
- Participation in the testing and validation of the various infrastructure elements used by the MCS as well as definition of the future evolution of these systems.
- University degree in a relevant engineering discipline;
Good knowledge of Mission Control Systems for Satellites and related software engineering best practices:
- Software development for large, complex monitoring and control systems;
- Satellite Mission Control software e.g. SCOS,
- Software engineering life cycle, e.g. ECSS;
- Spacecraft Telemetry and Command standards e.g. CCSDS, PUS;
Additionally, you should bring the following:
- Ability to understand and accurately predict behaviour of complex systems;
- Ability to prioritise and manage several activities in parallel;
- Familiarity with programming/scripting languages
- Experience in working with operational space missions
- The working language for the position is English although a good knowledge of German is also required.
It would be a distinct advantage for you to bring:
- Experience in software/system design methodologies;
- Familiarity with effective teamwork principles and team building aspects;
- A proactive attitude towards problem solving and the ability to achieve solutions as required.
Join the Brighest Minds is powered by ATG Europe
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.