ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
ATG is currently recruiting a Ground Segment IVQ Engineer for our client’s premises in the Stuttgart area (Germany). The company specializes in integrating, verifying and qualifying large and complex ground segments.
The Ground Segment IVQ Engineer will be part of the team that is responsible to prove the qualification status of the Galileo Ground Mission Segment (GMS) and the Galileo Security Facility (GSF) towards the customer.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Installation, integration and configuration of software and hardware deliveries;
- Identification and follow-up of system anomalies arising from test and integration activities
- Generation of test procedures based on system requirements;
- Execution of tests in formal conditions witnessed by end customer;
- Production of test documentation including results and evidences;
- Preparation and participation of test readiness reviews with the customer;
- Contribute to, maintain and extend the test environment and tools;
- Support onsite integration and test in the Galileo Control Centers in Fucino (Italy) and Oberpfaffenhofen (Germany).
- Degree in Engineering (Engineering Sciences, Computer Science or similar);
- Capability to understand complex systems (high and low level system understanding);
- Proven experience in integration and verification testing of medium and large hardware and software systems; experience in classified systems verification would be an advantage;
- Proven knowledge in Linux Operating Systems operation and administration (e.g installation / user and password managing solutions / advanced network configuration…);
- Proven knowledge in scripting languages (Java Script, bash and Python) is mandatory;
- Experience in technical software development and related programming languages (C/C++ and Java) would be an advantage;
- Practical experience with database systems as MySQL, PostgreSQL or MariaDB;
- Proven experience in network configuration and architecture, TCP/IP protocols (including message decoding) and switch configuration is essential;
- Knowledge about software and hardware based firewalls would be beneficial;
- Experience with computer hardware (client / server and virtual environments);
- Ability to troubleshoot, install and maintain different kind of servers, PCs and laptops;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
Join the Brightest Minds is powered by ATG Europe
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.