We are looking for an Avionics System Engineer on behalf of and in support to our client for their location in Turin, Italy. The selected candidate should show integrity and professionalism.
The candidate will support the Electronics Unit Head, the Hardware Design Lead, and the FPGA Design Lead, to coordinate and review design, development, and testing activities for space applications, more specifically regarding avionics systems for micro-satellites. The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
- Support to proposal preparation regarding Avionics R&D activities;
- Trade-off analysis and definition of hardware architectures;
- Planning of design, development, and test activities, including drafting of test plans for environmental qualification test campaigns;
- Review of electrical schematics, layout, and manufacturing specifications;
- Review of technical documents (Design Description, ICD, Test Procedures, Technical Specifications etc.);
- Support to other company’s Units.
- Master’s Degree in Electronic Systems Engineering;
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in the space industry;
- Experience in developing space systems, including OBCs and PCDUs;
- Experience in scheduling and coordinating activities for avionics projects;
- Experience in programming embedded micro-controllers/processors is an asset;
- Very good knowledge of analog, digital and power electronics;
- Very good knowledge of FPGA devices;
- Very good knowledge of the space standards (CCSDS, ECSS, MIL etc.);
- Knowledge of design for EMC/EMI;
- Knowledge of RF electronic devices is an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project is an asset;
- Great problem-solving skills;
- Team player;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.