We are looking for a Small Satellite Systems Engineer on behalf of and in support to our client for their location in Turin, Italy. The selected candidate should show integrity and professionalism.
The successful candidate will be responsible for satellite architecture, design, development, and qualification of small satellites. System Engineer activities include, but are not limited to:
- Technical responsibility for system level activities;
- Day-to-day coordination with the Program Manager, Unit Heads, and Subsystem System Engineers;
- Generation of the system engineering plan, design and development plan, and verification plan;
- Definition and management of technical requirements and specifications;
- Supporting the definition of mission and operations deadlines;
- Management of system budgets;
- Lead the preparation of technical documentation for reviews with the customers, subcontractors, and suppliers;
- Review of technical documentation related to the system and subsystems;
- Support AIT, AIV and qualification activities;
- Support for NRB, CCB, and PCB;
- Support for risk assessment.
- Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering;
- 5-10 years of work experience in similar roles;
- Previous experience in design, development, and qualification of satellites with similar duties;
- Experience in management of industrial activities including reviews;
- Experienced knowledge of aerospace systems applicable standards, such as ECSS, MIL, NASA STD;
- Experienced knowledge of the NASA STD;
- Experienced Knowledge of DOORS or similar;
- Experienced knowledge of orbital dynamics and analyses with STK or similar;
- Good understanding of satellite architecture and design;
- Knowledge of the Ground Segment utilization is an asset;
- Knowledge of frequency and spectrum management is an asset;
- Knowledge of real-time/near real-time navigation is an asset;
- High flexibility and team-working capability;
- Hands-on and proactive approach;
- Ability to work with tight schedules;
- Ability to coordinate a multidisciplinary and international team;
- Ability to run analysis and reports;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Fluency in Italian, both written and spoken.
Please submit your application in English via the apply button below. Applications submitted in other languages will not be considered.