For our internal engineering department, we are currently looking for an experienced Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality Lead Engineer.
In this position, you will be playing a leading role in the R&D, implementation and deployment of our VR/AR solutions for the Space sector.
You will contribute to the introduction of VR/AR technologies at various levels in the Space Engineering process and bring your vision and ideas into the definition of the business strategy of ATG in these revolutionary fields.
You will work closely with our teams of highly skilled engineers and 3D artists to create the next generation of space engineering tools and be a key player in one of the major changes of the space sector of the last decades.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Define, design and implement VR/AR experiences and tools, both at architectural and detailed level;
- Contribute and eventually be responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing the technological, functional and architectural roadmap of the business unit;
- Translate customers’ requirements into technical specifications and solutions;
- Oversee and lead productions as technical lead;
- Interface with customers, partners and suppliers;
- Contribute to production of proposals;
- Support Business Development activities.
- University Degree (BSc/MSc);
- Experience with Unity 3D and C# / Unreal Engine and C++, with a few successful projects in your portfolio;
- Experience with the basic mathematics (vectors, small matrices) needed to develop a 3D application;
- Experience in technically leading productions and teams;
- Working knowledge of real-time rendering on the GPU;
- Working knowledge of 3D models and types of real-time 3D animation (splines and keyframes, bones, particle systems, point clouds, physics etc.);
- Knowledge of the following Software/Hardware:
- Unity 3D and C# and/or Unreal Engine and C++;
- HTC VIVE and/or Valve/Index and/or Microsoft Hololens, etc.;
- 3D modelling tools (CATIA, SolidWorks, MAYA or similar).
- Some familiarity with -and interest in- UI / UX best practices as they relate to VR/AR applications;
- Strong interest in monitoring the market innovations and industry standards;
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines;
- Knowledge of Industrial Systems Engineering processes is desirable;
- Experience/knowledge of Model-Based Engineering is desirable;
- Experience/Knowledge of the (Aero)Space sector is desirable;
- Artistic capability across multiple CG disciplines including modelling, texturing, lighting, shading / look development, or compositing, colour theory, illustration and rendering is desirable;
- Strong team player;
- Good communicational and pitching skills;
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written;
- Candidates must be eligible to work and live in Europe.