We are looking for a Microwave/Millimeter-Wave Technology and Equipment Engineer on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Radio Frequency Equipment & Technology Section.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA. The deadline for submitting applications is 5 August 2022.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
- Development, operation and maintenance of the Time and Frequency Laboratory in ESTEC and its associated analysis/simulation tools;
- Development of test beds and software tools for the control and performance characterization of Time and Frequency equipment such as atomic clocks, timing references, oscillators, time and frequency transfer, etc.;
- Contribute to the generation of innovative ideas in the field of Time and Frequency equipment and technologies and to the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
- After an initial period of training, you will also be tasked to:
- Develop test beds for the characterization of spaceborne RF equipment for GNSS, Telecom, Earth Observation and Science missions;
- Provide technical support to ESA Projects and R&D activities in the area of timing, synchronisation, and development of time and frequency equipment.
- Master’s degree in Physics, Microwave, Telecommunications, or Electronics Engineering;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Extensive and proven experience in the domain of microwave components, equipment and/or technologies;
- Experience in the development, operation and maintenance of time and frequency systems/sub-systems, e.g., in timing laboratories;
- Experience in testing of RF equipment and/or RF Payloads is considered an asset;
- Solid knowledge of time and frequency equipment, components, and technologies;
- Good interpersonal skills, customer focus and ability to work autonomously;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Please note, that candidates with less than 10 years of experience will have to provide copies of their academic transcripts in order to give the Hiring Manager a more complete profile at the selection stage.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace