ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
We are currently looking for a Senior IT System Administrator to provide support to the European Space Agency ESTEC in The Netherlands.
ATG Europe B.V. requires an IT Infrastructure specialist that can provide first and second level support to our end users. The position will cover a vacancy in a high-tech technical IT group providing specialist support to CAE and lab facilities environments in a systems engineering community in the space sector. Finally yet importantly, we expect excellent customer orientation, high reliability, very good communication skills, and an agile mind-set. Fluent in English is a must and other languages a plus.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Deploy software and system images for multiple OS and hardware standards;
- Schedule and implement regular patching to the workstation infrastructure in coordination with corporate IT infrastructure and information security teams;
- Provide on-site and remote technical support;
- Assist lab and facility users in system upgrades and maintenance, including but not limited to, add and/or remove memory, hard drives, network cards, … ;
- Participate in data centre rack management activities;
- Compliance to SLA on any IT Operations processes in an 8×5 operating environment;
- Use of the available IT Service Management tools to accurately register each incident, request, problem, change, or asset record while ensuring accurate documentation is entered for each record;
- Develop scripts to simplify and support IT operations;
- Application of analytical skills to perform root cause analyses to apply a resolution and use defined escalation path when required;
- Collaborate with team members on planning and executing IT infrastructure upgrade projects;
- Maintain good supplier relationships and ensure compliance with licensing and support agreements;
- Software and hardware asset lifecycle management following procedures;
- Develop and maintain system documentation along with status updates reporting.
- Master’s degree (in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Management Information Systems) and a minimum of 5 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience;
- 5+ years of experience in IT Service Desk;
- 5+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure Operations with special technical expertise in VMware and Microsoft SCCM;
- Excellent communication and soft skills;
- Customer oriented;
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies;
- Certification: Microsoft or Industry Certified Systems Engineer (VMware, CISSP,MCSE, MCSA, ITILv3 or v4 Foundation) is strongly preferred;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) and other languages a plus.
- Strong expertise of Windows system administration via SCCM – Reference image and in-place upgrade deployments, application packaging and deployment, patching;
- Strong expertise as a Windows system administrator;
- Strong expertise of VMware cluster Operations with V-Center;
- Strong expertise in hardware and software inventory administration with Lansweeper;
- Proficiency in information security best practices and procedures;
- Extensive experience with LAN/WAN and storage protocols and tools including but not limited to: DHCP, DNS, LDAP, SMTP, NAT, Fibre channel, iSCSI;
- Working knowledge of Active directory;
- Working knowledge of Linux server administration (RedHat and CentOS);
- Backup Management with IBM Spectrum Protect and Dell EMC Data Domain;
- Infrastructure dashboard monitoring;
- Storage Management with Dell EMC Isilon;
- Web services and SQL Database Software stack maintenance;
- User support (technical graphical workstations, application deployment, accessories, lab IT infrastructure);
- Licensing servers management;
- Lifecycle maintenance of asset inventory;
- Automation experience and comfortable with scripting (python/ shell/bash or similar);
- IT Service Management processes and practices;
- HPC cluster management with IBM Spectrum Scale parallel file system would be a strong plus ;
- SIEM, Network Security (IDS/IPS), EDRs would be a strong plus.
Join the Brightest Minds is powered by ATG Europe
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.