ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
For our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a Configuration Management Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Configuration & Data Management Unit.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Product Configuration support:
- Analyse and contribute to the specification of relevant processes for Segment and System CI identification, verification and control in support of NAV engineering activities;
- Support implementation and maintain programmatic, contractual and technical Baselines;
- Contribute to the generation of product documents such as Product Tree, CIDL, ABCL, CSAR and CSR (Configuration Status Report);
- Follow-up and document product configuration evolutions from as-contracted, as-designed, as-developed, as delivered, as-deployed, as-installed to as-operated;
- Perform configuration audits, inspections and CI identification;
- Configure, operate, report from and improve CM databases.
- Project Change Control support:
- Prepare and follow-up as secretary of an entrusted Configuration Control Board (CCB) including improvement of the CCB Terms of Reference;
- Support processing and disposition of CCB documents for review and approval including improvement of the relevant DMPs (Document Management Plan);
- Provide status data and maintaining a well-structured record system for relevant CM processes and transactions;
- Contribute to or maintain entrusted project documentation such as BRN (Baseline Release Note), CISL, DRL and DRDs where requested;
- Support preparation formal CM requirements for inclusion in industrial contracts.
- Review support:
- Support technical and non-technical project reviews by managing the relevant documentation in tools and provide product CM expertise;
- Register, distribute and archive documents, as well as provide of reproductions of documents and media;
- Regular review of the status of documents in the different archive and storage locations and align this information in the Documentation and Configuration Management System database.
- Generate and maintain the documentation and configuration tracking lists;
- Support the management of the User Account List to the Directorate‘s servers and services.
- Documentation Handling and other support tasks:
- Support users for entering and retrieving documents from various Documentation and Configuration Management related server systems (internally and externally);
- Liaise with industrial partner’s CADM officers and documentalists for exchanging data and resolving documentation and configuration related issues;
- Support to analysis of CM related KPIs for internal and external activities including monitoring of application and maturity of configuration control methods, procedures and standards including identification of improvements;
- Support to the Directorate Document & Records Officer (DDRO) in discharging relevant functions.
- Master in Engineering or equivalent university degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in Configuration Management.
- High level of autonomy and pro-activeness.
- Excellent communication skills and professional maturity that is required to carry out complex tasks and high level of responsibility.
- Very good working knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Eligibility to national personal security clearance relevant to ESA NAV programmes.
- Availability for occasional duty travel.
- Office productivity: PC (desktop, laptops), mainly in a MS Windows based application environment such as Office 365, in particular good knowledge in MS Excel.
- Expertise in applying and configuring at least one PLM, asset management or CM process relevant tool such as Windchill, Jira, SAP, Eclipse, Hardcat, WAND, ClearCase/ClearQuest.
- Expertise in applying at least two CM process relevant standards such as ECSS-M-ST-40C, NASA IVV-10, CM-II-100, ITIL, SAE EIA-649, DOD-STD, MIL-STD, ISO 10007, IEEE Std-828, SEI-CMMI.
- Knowledge of industrial product data representation such as ISO 10303.
Working with ATG Europe
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.