ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
We are looking for an intern for our ATG VirtualLab for our Headquarters in Noordwijk, the Netherlands. ATG VirtualLab is the business unit within ATG Europe that creates functional virtual and augmented reality tools for the space sector.
At ATG Europe, we realize that communication is key in engineering, especially when it comes to complex projects. And it is exactly in those complex projects, in space and other high-tech development programs, in those projects that involve many actors and subsystems, that a lot of time and money are lost because of poor communication. Poor communication that leads to misinterpretation, misconceptions or simply misunderstandings of what is important or what is at stake.
At ATG Europe we intend to solve this. Our business unit ATG VirtualLab develops tools that allow communication on technical issues through virtual means, on- or off line, throughout the supply chain.
Tasks & Responsibilities
As a market research intern, you should first become acquainted with the tools and products the company is developing and should develop different business models and sales mechanisms for them.
In a second stage, you are is expected to actively approach market parties to challenge the different models and mechanisms and make a trade-off between them to get to an optimal market solution. The work can be demanding, but the learning opportunities are certainly making up for that.
- Our ideal candidate is willing to learn various new tools and methods on the job and is driven to complete the assignment in time.
- An open mind, a willingness to think out of the box combined with a healthy dose of realism is key to this assignment.
- Sticking to the schedule, timely execution and anticipation of possible delays is an important part of the project the candidate will be working on.
- He or she is not afraid of tackling big problems and takes initiative to introduce improvements in all aspects of his/her work.
- The candidate has a positive attitude, an open mind and, hopefully, at least a rudimentary sense of humour.
- We are looking for a bright intern with affinity towards technology and technological solutions.
- Given the topic of the study, a passion for space and of course virtual reality is definitely helpful.
- Must currently be a student pursuing either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical(computer science, engineering) or related field and as such an internship required by study program;
- Must be allowed to perform an internship in the Netherlands without additional provisionsbeing required for residence or work permits, etc.;
- Has a pragmatic attitude;
- Shows Personal initiative and a thirst for improvement;
- Is well organised and capable of organising an efficient workflow;
- Is capable of working in an ambitious team with occasional peaks in workload;
- Is willing to take initiative and responsibility;
- Due to the nature of the assignment, an outgoing and friendly character is a plus, and good communication skills are a must;
- Command of the Dutch language is not needed but may help;
- In principle the work can be performed remotely, but occasional visits to the Noordwijk office may be requested.
Join the Brightest Minds is powered by ATG Europe
- An internship fee of 600 euro /month;
- Work on actual projects and developments;
- A dedicated tutor and back-office to support you;
- Flexibility in terms of working hours;
- A challenging environment;
- A stepping stone to an inspiring industrial sector.
Duration: 3-6 months