ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
For our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for an Environmental Control & Life Science (ECLS) Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Life support and Physical Sciences Instrumentation Section. The main focus of our work is sustainable life support technologies, In Situ Resource Utilization and small payload development for manned and unmanned spaceflight.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Implement and supervise R&D activities in the field of sustainable life support technologies (e.g. MELiSSA), with a specific focus on bioreactors, biochemical processes characterisation, modelling and development;
- Supervise the development of technology demonstrators on board ISS and follow up of operations over its life cycle;
- Implement and supervise R&D activities in the area of In Situ Resource Utilisation;
- Provide project support for manned spaceflight and scientific experiments onboard the ISS;
- Provide support to the management of the MELiSSA project, technical and scientific coordination with MELiSSA partners.
- PhD or Master in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology applied Microbiology or Physics;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in specification, engineering and analysis of chemical and biochemical processes, knowledge of plant/food production;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in multi-phases processes characterisation and engineering is asset;
- Project skills, Management of R&D contracts, academic and industrial experience;
- Knowledge of space systems engineering is an asset;
- Good interpersonal communication skills, team oriented.
Join the Brightest Minds is powered by ATG Europe
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.