ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
For our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a Galileo Project System Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Galileo Programme Management Suport. Office.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- The work covers System Engineering in all phases of spacecraft projects. A range of support tasks is required to be carried out by the Contractor in system engineering and subsystem domains, including early throughout implementation phases of space projects, in particular for small demonstration missions and education projects. This includes validation of design, support to implementation and testing phases, generation and monitoring of mission/system level specifications.
- Support development contracts regarding the above areas, the Contractor shall act as the activity technical responsible.
- Maintain interfaces with the prime contractors.
- Participate in progress meetings and reviews, as requested, and provide appropriate feed-back on the achieved progress and results.
- When supporting projects, he/she shall interface with ESA’s project teams, the prime and lower level contractors.
- Participate in progress meetings and reviews, as requested by project work, and provide appropriate feedback on the achieved progress and results.
- Development and application (incl. Educational) of System Engineering tools and models.
- Provide support to technical coordination activities.
- At least a PhD or a Master’s degree in Engineering from a recognized institution is required and minimum 4 years of relevant experience;
- Expert knowledge of S/C system and mission design, incl. system design modelling tools and Concurrent Engineering applied to space mission assessment and design;
- Knowledge of System of Systems (SoS) architecting and related tools (such as System Architect, Focal Point, etc.) and frameworks (e.g. MODAF, TOGAF);
- Knowledge and practice in the application of ESA SE Standards (e.g. ECSS-E-10 series) and SW engineering;
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU and apply for a Personal Security Clearance.
Join the Brighest Minds is powered by ATG Europe
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.