ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
For our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a Knowledge Management & Data Protection for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Cost centre Control & Support Service Team.
Under the direct authority of the Cost centre Control & Support Services Team Leader, the post holder is assisting the Knowledge Management and Lesson Learned activities of HRE, support the focal point for HRE in Personal Data Protection, and is actively involved in the Knowledge Management and process improvement activities of the HRE directorate. Moreover, the post holder is contributing to other cross HRE activities such as configuration management, export control and security etc.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the review and improvement of the Directorate internal processes and methods, (such as drafting QMS process descriptions, preparation of certification audit, supporting QMS awareness sessions);
- Supporting the definition and implementation of a continuous improvement scheme for the Directorate such as lean administrative process and reducing inefficiencies;
Contributing to Configuration and Document management process (definition and implementation), support to the HRE Configuration management Forum and support to the HRE Record Officer (DIRO);
- Contributing to Security by supporting the HRE ISO and PSSO’s function for implementation of ESA Security Directives, supporting the ISMS definition and Project security plans preparation
Contributing to the Export control process and to the implementation of export control policies, supporting export control workshops, drafting of guidelines associated with export control implementation;
- Strengthening the project review process by management and the associated reporting procedures (including dashboard reporting, balance scorecard and Key Performance Indicators);
In performing these tasks, the post holder will work in a diverse and international environment liaising closely with the HRE project teams and HRE organisation functions, the ESA KM & LL teams, the DOP, the HRE ISO and PSSOs and IT business partner and IT manager, the HRE Record Officer and any other relevant function related to the duties and responsibilities;
- Developing the Knowledge Management (KM) activities for the Directorate in coordination with the Directorate’s KM & LL POC and according to the ESA policy, the principles of Knowledge management as well as promoting a knowledgecentric organization and a sharing culture with the aim to strengthen innovation for Space and Science in Europe;
- Shaping the Lesson learned process, for HRE by supporting the identification, capturing, documentation and validation of lessons and contributing to dissemination and the implementation of and learning from Lessons, facilitating the accessibility to Lessons to HRE and the ESA wider community and preparing events for Lessons sharing;
- Support the end-to-end activities for PDP for the Directorate deriving from the ESA PDP administrative instruction, support ESA DPO, support the drafting contractual requirements in the field of PDP, Preparation of DPNR (Data Protection Notification Record) for each Directorate’s activity, conduction of PDP risk impact assessment, support the Directorate’s processes with sensitive personal data, set-up PDP awareness sessions.
- Applicants should have a Master’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognised Institution in disciplines such as business and administration management, project management, business engineering and process development.
- An additional Master in a Science field is considered an asset;
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience, ie. areas of KM, LL an PDP
- In depth knowledge of relevant technical and legal domains is required;
- Technical understanding of PDP/GDPR concepts;
- Knowledge of ESA and its programmes/projects is an asset;
- Previous experience in an international environment is a strong asset;
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Join the Brightest Minds is powered by ATG Europe
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.