ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
For our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a Multidisciplinary Project Coordination Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their EFM Infrastructure Section.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Under the direct authority of the Head of the ESTEC Facility Management (FM) Infrastructure Section, the post holder shall be responsible for the coordination of FM general purpose infrastructure projects, including the following activities:
- Preparation of programme of requirements for the initiation of projects, of project initiation documents and project plans including forecast about budget and manpower resource needs, of statements of works and technical description, of feasibility studies and business cases, and the request and delivery of the necessary permits;
- Preparation and active support, following ESA’s procurement regulations, to the ESA Technical Officer in the procurement of general purpose infrastructure activities including the preparation of tender documents including technical specifications, the participation in tender evaluation boards, the review of tender offers, the negotiation and selection of bidders for the execution of the activities;
- Reviewing conceptual studies, technical experts’ inputs and/or engineering studies (e.g. concept designs, preliminary designs, technical notes, …) related to general purpose infrastructure projects or related to the execution of preventive and corrective maintenance activities which are outsourced to an external company;
- Ensuring the proper coordination and execution of general purpose infrastructure project activities by outsourced contractors, including the monitoring of all related activities, the compliance to the applicable norms and legislations, the compliance to the project requirements and schedule, the organisation and reporting of project reviews, the control of the performance of the contractors, the maintenance of a project library and documentation, the followup/coordination of changes to the project scope, and the review of payments;
- Coordinating the commissioning and acceptance of the works upon project delivery, preparing the close-out of the projects, including the follow up of eventual non-conformance items, preparing acceptance certificates, reviewing and archiving ‘as-built’ documentation;
- The post holder could be led to temporarily take over the coordination of activities of another project coordinator, during his/her absence. The post holder shall therefore be capable to understand and follow the activities carried out by the pool of project coordinators within the section.
A Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Architecture, Civil Engineering or in Mechanical Facilities Engineering or in Electrical Engineering;
- A substantial experience (minimum 5 years) and a proven capability in building construction and/or building maintenance or in the coordination of Facility Management projects;
- Sound analytical skills e.g. be able to analyse any technical issue or infrastructure installation and create a clear and detailed technical report for root cause analysis, improvement or repair;
- As much hand-on technical as procedure thinking skills, and the ability to work autonomously as well as with a team;
- An experience of ESA tender rules & procedures and of international procurement methodology would be an asset;
- A good planning and organizational skills, team spirit and ability to work in an international environment;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these two languages is required together with a working knowledge of the other language (it is an asset)
Working with ATG Europe
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.