ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
For our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a Non-Metallic Materials and Processes Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Materials & Processes Section.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The technical competence shall cover a wider range of M&P expertise of the following materials classes and technologies:
- Processing, testing, and performance evaluation of metallic materials and processes (e.g. Al-alloys, Ti-alloys, steel) including their surface treatment and joining technologies;
- Processing, testing, and performance evaluation of polymer materials and processes (e.g. polymer matrix composites) including their joining/bonding technologies;
- Processing, testing, and performance evaluation of ceramic materials (e.g. SiC) and their joining technologies.
- Master or PhD in materials sciences or mechanical engineering;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in materials and processes engineering;
- Good knowledge about general materials test methodologies and especially experience in mechanical testing and fatigue life assessment;
- Experience in defining and executing test plans for materials qualification and process validation;
- Capability to take decisions for selection of materials and processes for space applications.
Join the Brightest Minds is powered by ATG Europe
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.