ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
For one of our main clients, the European Space Agency, we are looking for an On-Board Computer and Data Systems Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Validation of designs by means of simulation techniques (e.g. Matlab, SystemC and simulations at electrical/board level);
- Knowledge of on board links, buses, wireless local networking and communication protocols;
- Specific engineering support in the above domains to mainstream ESA space projects, mainly for (but not restricted to) the development and testing phases;
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for the Section’s technological projects (e.g. small technology demonstration satellites);
- Design, implementation and testing tasks related to standardisation efforts (e.g. CCSDS CFDP standard consolidation and validation, On Board Interfaces Services, Electronic Data Sheets).
- At least a Master Degree in a relevant domain;
- Understanding of electrical satellite systems architectures;
- Deep knowledge of data handling functions and their implementation;
- Knowledge of CCSDS communication protocols and related standards;
- Extensive knowledge of intra-satellite communication protocols (Mil1553, CAN, SpaceWire);
- Experience in equipment procurement, sub-systems integration and testing;
- Experience in spacecraft project support in particular related to spacecraft data handling, on-board data interfaces, associated protocols and system level validation;
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner, in particular when providing support to projects with high time allocations and this in coordination with the line manager.
Join the Brighest Minds is powered by ATG Europe
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.