ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
For our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a Payable Accountant Assistant for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Central Invoice Registration & Vendor Info Unit.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Analysing, validating and approving all Agency payments to suppliers in compliance with ESA accounting policy, the Financial Regulations, instructions and procedures (internal rules) carrying out related financial operations and interfaces with suppliers;
- End-of-period adjustments, offsetting of pre-payments against progress invoices and vendor clearing, analysis of balances, clearing of accrued costs versus invoices received and other accounting practices related to accounts payable;
- Responding to queries from industry;
- Preparing urgent payment lists;
- Other ad-hoc financial accounting tasks as requested by management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional qualifications in a financial discipline and a significant period of practical experience of financial accounting at ESA or in a comparable environment;
- Experience as a user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications (e.g. ESA-p) is an asset;
- Excellent numerical skills as well as an accounting background with the analytical skills required to operate a complex accounting system;
- Familiarity with modern office automation tools and techniques, in particular Microsoft Office or equivalent, as well as customised database and software applications.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset;
- Capacity to identify priority actions and to handle high workload;
- Reliability, commitment and initiative together with a well-balanced autonomy in the execution of the required tasks.
Contact: Olive Ordona
Join the Brightest Minds is powered by ATG Europe
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.