ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
For our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Radio Navivagion Systems & Technologies Section.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Radio Navigation system (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO etc.) and augmentation (EGNOS, WAAS, QZSS etc.). The work includes studies: analyses and testing of navigation systems/segments/elements/technology, dissemination and navigation algorithms, including tools development; evaluation of Navigation/Positioning/Timing algorithm and techniques, user/system/segment performance assessment based on software simulators, laboratory and field measurements, and support to ESA projects in follow up of industrial procurements;
- Radio Navigation equipment covering space applications. The work includes study, design, analysis and testing of navigation/positioning/ranging/monitoring technology and receiver for space. Radio Navigation space applications performed at ESA include: scientific applications (atmospheric sounding, oceanic observation), formation flying, rendezvous and attitude determination;
- Radio Navigation equipment for terrestrial applications. The work includes study, design, analysis and testing of navigation receivers/technology for terrestrial applications and local augmentation. Radio Navigation terrestrial applications performed at ESA are those related with high performance based on high accuracy (e.g. geodesy) and/or high integrity (e.g. civil aviation, maritime;
- Radio Navigation signals and signal processing. The work includes study, design, analysis and testing of signal and signal processing techniques including tools/equipment development and procurement. It encompasses signal structure, modulations, data dissemination, techniques for error correction, synchronisation, multipath mitigation and estimation, interference mitigation, cancellation, encryption, authentication, etc;
- Radio Navigation Laboratory equipment. The work includes definition procurement design, testing, usage of Radio Navigation equipment in support to Radio Navigation experiments and test campaigns;
- Assistance in preparation of invitation to tenders related to ESA Projects and R&D activities and contracts technical follow-up;
- Specific engineering support to space projects developed by ESA and/or by major European industries/operators;
- Validation of designs by means of analyses, simulations, laboratory testing and field trials (possibly in co-operation with third parties);
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for technological projects;
- Execution of internal R&D activities through design, prototyping, analysis and simulations;
- Simulation and testing in laboratory of Navigation systems and equipment;
- Preparation of technical documents on above subjects;
- Support to related demonstrations inside and outside ESTEC;
- The work concerning laboratory activities will be performed based on the existing Radio Navigation facilities available at ESTEC.
- Master’s Degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Aerospace Engineering;
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment;
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, signal processing techniques, and digital navigation receivers;
- Relevant experience with the GNSS1, EGNOS and/or GALILEO systems and equipment and have and good knowledge of Radio Navigation simulation and testing systems;
- Proven experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications;
- Strong experience at user level with satellite navigation receivers and satellite navigation positioning and integrity algorithms;
- Some experience of commercial simulation software is desirable;
- Candidates must be eligible to apply for a Personal Security Clearance.
Join the Brightest Minds is powered by ATG Europe
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.