ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
For our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a Radio Navigation Receiver Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Radio Nav. Systems & Techn. Section.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and R&D activities in the fields of system and receivers performances in a hybrid PNT framework (GNSS algorithms at signal and position level, dead-reckoning motion sensors such as INS, vision-based INS, alternative PNT systems, use of signals from cellular network, etc.);
- Participation in studies supporting current and future PNT systems definition and/or analysis, in particular for what concerns system performances and receiver algorithms (signal processing, advanced hybrid PNT algorithms, situational awareness and mitigation of local impairments) for improved availability, reliability and resilience;
- Participation to the activities supporting standardisation and technical working groups addressing the aforementioned topics;
- Design, definition and follow up of industrial contracts related to the aforementioned topics, including R&D activities and./or procurement of GNSS testbeds and receivers for infrastructure or user technologies / user segments;
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) in the aforementioned activities.
- PhD or Msc in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Aerospace Engineering;
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment;
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, signal processing techniques, and digital navigation receivers;
- Relevant experience with the GNSS1, EGNOS and/or GALILEO systems and equipment and have and good knowledge of Radio Navigation simulation and testing systems;
- Proven experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications;
- Strong experience at user level with satellite navigation receivers and satellite navigation positioning and integrity algorithms;
- Some experience of commercial simulation software is desirable;
- Background and experience (including hands-on tests and field trials) in several of the following fields: GNSS and associated user technologies, non-GNSS positioning systems (e.g. alternative PNT, 5G, etc.) and associated user technologies; advanced signal processing and estimation algorithms applied to PNT (for instance including but not limited to some of the following: MIMO signal processing, kalman filter, particle filter, artificial intelligence and machine learning for sensor fusion);
- Some experience in system design and user equipment technologies for secure wireless systems is considered an asset.
Join the Brighest Minds is powered by ATG Europe
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.