ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
For our client, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a RF System Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their Radio Frequency Systems Division.
Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Engineering tools exploitation, development and evolution
- Support ESA in engineering activities, associated with the development and updates of engineering tools including but not limited to the following areas:
- RF system performance analysis and Service volume simulation;
- Digital signal processing and user algorithms, including simulation of environment impairments, use of RF Constellation Simulator (RFCS) and Software-Defined-Radios (SDRs), etc.;
- Navigation and sensor fusion algorithms involving GNSS, Precise Point Positioning (PPP), Real Time Kinematic (RTK), etc.;
- Concepts and techniques for High Accuracy GNSS, PPP and PPP-RTK positioning;
- Assessment of associated integrity concepts (system performances, algorithms and software for network processors and computation of the corrections, user algorithms, etc.);
- Analysis relating to the use of space receivers (visibility analysis, system performances, testing of space receiver in the laboratory) and update of associated tools;
- Security algorithm and techniques design and testing;
- Telecom and data dissemination techniques and protocols;
- Physical, data, network layer techniques and simulations;
- Link budget analysis and simulations.
2. Technical support to maintenance, evaluative maintenance and operations of TEC-ES laboratories
- Master Degree in Telecommunication Engineering with particular emphasis on digital communication system and sub-system techniques, high-speed processing techniques for communication via satellites with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of satellite communication architectures and techniques.
- Experience in analysis and design of modern digital communication systems, coding and synchronization issues.
- Familiarity with modern communication system and sub-system simulation techniques, as a minimum Matlab and C/C++ program languages.
- Knowledge of modern prototyping and testing methodologies for digital communication sub-systems is also preferred.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
- Candidates must be eligible to obtain an EU personal security clearance as requested by ESA.
Join the Brighest Minds is powered by ATG Europe
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.