We are looking for a Software Buyer on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to support their Corporate Business Process Management office.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA.
The successful candidate will report to the Corporate Business Process Manager and will be responsible for optimal selection of suppliers and products to ensure the best usage of resources and technology for the Agency.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Overseeing market trends with a focus on IT Infrastructure providers for Computer Hardware, Software and networking products;
- Analysis and assessment of trends in the market, build and maintain relationships with market leaders to understand and report on innovative technology to the management;
- Monitor the product line up and future product roadmaps of existing IT suppliers for the agency;
- Analyse and utilise for the agency the competitive developments of key vendors in the market;
- Engage in regular meetings with vendors and suppliers for price negotiations;
- Issue Request for Quotations and Tenders (RFQ/RFT) to test the market and select the optimal suppliers for the agency;
- Participate in Tender evaluation to support the board while selecting suppliers.
- Master’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of relevant professional working experience;
- Experience in participating in tender evaluation and related processes;
- Experience in preparing documentation for RFI/ RFQ/ RFP/RFTs;
- Experience with SW purchasing and management of licenses is a strong asset;
- Aptitude for technology evolution;
- Financial acumen;
- Proven analytical skills;
- Proven negotiation skills;
- Strong planning capabilities and a methodical approach to work;
- Keen on innovation and proactiveness approach;
- A positive attitude and a good team spirit;
- Proficiency in English, the knowledge of another European language is an asset;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and an aptitude for effective communication and collaboration in an international environment;
- Understanding of Enterprise-grade IT/ICT products would be an asset.