We are looking for a Network Support Technician on behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA) for their location in Madrid, Spain, to join our IT Service and to provide support to visits, event and productions on site.
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage access control for the individual IT racks at our client’s site;
- Provide IT hardware installation support and ensure all installations are done in line with applicable standards & procedure;
- Provide smart hands problem solving support (e.g. server re-boots, visual inspections);
- Monitor, coordinate and follow-up on routine activities/installations;
- Coordinate IT infrastructure and server/wiring rooms changes and incidents with the relevant end users, stakeholders or 3rd party industrial teams (e.g. Corporate, OPS, OPS-IT, facility management, RSS, external service providers i.e. Telecoms, IT support providers, etc.);
- Closely interact with the local facility management teams for all power and cooling aspects with regards to IT infrastructure installations;
- Support network and IT infrastructure related maintenance activities in close cooperation with the responsible teams;
- When needed act as local interface for all 3rd party telecommunication carriers for local installation and maintenance works on site;
- Manage functional and hierarchical escalation of incidents and requests to the appropriate teams and interfaces;
- Coordinate, plan, execute the move of equipment and network connections, in particular support the planning and execution of the move of the IT components from the T01 MER to the new T03 IT facilities;
- Coordinate and trigger disposal of installed device no longer in use;
- Ensure that the local IT environment and in particular the T03 main server room is properly documented in esaDCIM and keep the management tool up-to-date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a similar subject. Candidates not in possession of the requested education but with solid relevant work experience can be considered as well;
- At least 4 years hands-on experience in ICT/Networking;
- Good knowledge of wired and wireless networking;
- Knowledge of data-centre related activities, experience in Video Conference and analogue/digital Telephony;
- CCNA certification;
- Experience with Cisco devices;
- Service oriented, team player, independent worker, open to flexible working hours;
- Proficient in English (both written and spoken);
- Candidates must be eligible to work in EU;
- Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be in possession of a valid driver’s license.