ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.
For our client we are looking for a replacement for the Head of Software Division for their location in Bremen, Germany.
Please note, the successful applicant will be employed by ATG Europe and not by our Client.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Strategic and operational management and control of the entire “Software” division and involvement in cross-divisional initiatives;
- Professional and organizational development of the division in line with the corporate strategy and corporate goals;
- Supporting the Executive Board in strategic planning and in planning corporate goals and participating in cross-divisional improvement programs to increase efficiency;
- Work closely with other division managers, particularly on cross-divisional issues;
- Responsibility for the entire human resources capacity of the division, including the staffing of directly subordinate management positions as well as other key project positions;
- Reduction of corporate risk, e.g. to avoid single sources;
- Further development of directly subordinate employees as well as active support of department heads in the further development of their employees within the scope of personnel development;
- Control and regular evaluation of work results, schedules, costs, quality and effectiveness of department activities, as well as creation and implementation of improvement measures and KPI’s;
- Contact person, motivator and sparring partner for managers, employees and project managers;
- Ensure cross-project knowledge transfer, e.g. in ensuring continued participation of SE architects in SE activities and through regular exchange with project managers;
- Responsibility for optimizing existing processes, introducing new processes, tools and technologies, and participating in internal and external audits;
- Advising on very important, critical or difficult decisions for the projects as well as supporting the preparation of proposals;
- Key contact person internally for the other division and project managers as well as externally for customers and suppliers;
- Establish and maintain key relationships with customers, suppliers, decision makers and other industry executives;
- Monitor competitor offerings, industry trends, and emerging technologies and analyze and derive appropriate actions.
- Successfully completed technical studies, minimum Master’s Degree, in the relevant field;
- 5+ years of professional experience in the aerospace industry;
- Several years (minimum 5) of experience in leading and motivating managers as well as employees;
Excellent communication skills;
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset, a high degree of results orientation and cost awareness;
- Very good knowledge of the topics of employee and organizational development as well as knowledge management;
- Interest in new topics and innovations;
- Integrity and fairness, a confident and winning demeanor, and strong persuasive and enthusiastic skills;
- Very good knowledge of the customer, competitor and supplier landscape as well as the internal business model;
- Very good written and spoken German and English skills.