ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
For our client we are looking for a Junior Development Engineer – Payload for their location in Immenstaad.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design, prototyping, and analysis of algorithms for geometric, radiometric, and spectral processing of remote sensing data from space-based instruments (imager, radar, sounder).
- Contribute to the definition, implementation, and use of simulation models to generate representative data for the analysis of these algorithms that include the observation location, the Instrument signal path, and relevant satellite characteristics.
- Assist in the development of specifications for the operational processing of Satellite remote sensing data.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics; Physics or comparable qualification; Engineering or Aerospace;
- German at least business fluent;
- English at least business fluent;
- Knowledge of Matlab, Phyton, C++;
- Proven expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Image processing, Geometric data processing (geolocation, geodesy);
- Spectrometer data processing, Hyperspectral interferometry processing;
- Earth remote sensing, space instrument design and performance.
- Broad physics and mathematics background;
- Experience in managing technical subcontractors is a plus;
- Initial project management experience is a plus;
- Good communication skills to ensure the flow of information;
- Ability to integrate into a team;
- High level of responsibility, ability to work under pressure and organizational skills.
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.