We are looking for a 3D Artist to join our ATG-Medialab at our headquarters in Noordwijk, The Netherlands or at our office in Barcelona, Spain. The possibility to work remotely can be discussed.
The 3D generalist displays a high proficiency and varied skill level across the areas of modelling, texturing, shading, look development, hard surface modelling, animation, rendering and the ability to composite their own work. In this position you will be responsible to creating graphics and animations for the space and semi-conductor industry. Your work will be featured online, in presentations and television.
To get an impression on the work you will perform, check out this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDKTn0s9_D4&t=74s
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
- Produce images and animations for communication of high-tech industries in collaboration with the team;
- Translate complex scientific concepts into illustrations & animations;
- Produce all aspect of 3D animations: modelling-shading-lighting-animation-rendering-compositing;
- Produce high-quality images from scratch, combining 2D and 3D techniques as required;
- Manage priorities by selecting from the various requirements what can/needs to be translated into graphics in order to convey the message and deliver the output in due time;
- Oversee and lead small productions;
- Interface with clients directly on production;
- Develop and maintain specific focused client relationships (long term).
- Minimum of 4 years working experience as 3D artist;
- In depth experience with and knowledge of Autodesk Maya and Vray;
- Experience with compositing with Nuke or Adobe After Effects;
- Proven ability across multiple CG disciplines including modelling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, and compositing;
- Excellent eye for lighting, colour and details, strong artistic capabilities with colour theory, illustration and rendering;
- Knowledge of Unreal / Substance / 3dsmax / Blender is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of space and planetary science is a significant asset;
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry is a significant asset;
- Ability to manage priorities and deliver output in due time, while delivering high quality work;
- A resilient personality and working style;
- Ability to take directions and input from both team members and clients;
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A good standard of spoken and written English is required;
- A rudimentary sense of humour is a must;
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU;
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate;
- Applicants must be able to provide a recent formal statement of good conduct.