ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
ATG Europe is currently recruiting a Business Development Manager to lead the growth of our Professional Consultancy Services.
As an ATG Business Development Manager, you will be a member of the ATG’s Management Team to contribute to, and implement, the Company strategy, through a diverse set of assignments and domains. This opens up unique opportunities to give birth and be engaged in innovative projects and challenges to perform to high standards and utilize the full extent of your professional knowledge.
This position reports directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and is based at ATG’s main premises in Noordwijk (placement at a different location can be discussed).
ATG Europe is a highly successful and growing company with its Headquarters in Noordwijk in the Netherlands, subsidiaries in Germany, UK and Ireland and operations across Europe. ATG is a leading provider of specialised engineering, scientific and technical services to the Aerospace, Big Science, Defence and High Tech domains. Our working environment benefits from the rare combination of a well-established business and recognized capabilities with a presence on the market since more than 50 years and a young and dynamic team with an hands-on, result-driven, agile and out-the-box thinking mentality.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Identify business opportunities with existing and new clients in the public and private sector
- Ensure continuity of the existing Professional Consultancy Services activities throughout the clients’ procurement cycle
- Develop and maintain specific focussed client relationships (long term)
- Lead the implementation of the Professional Consultancy Services business plan
- Identify potential partners to guarantee the optimization of ATG’s positioning globally as well as for specific opportunities
- Manage the preparation of offers and proposals to customers
- Support negotiation of resulting contracts
- Create and maintain a pipeline of sales leads
- Achieve the business development targets for ATG’s Professional Consultancy Services
- Review and propose improvements to the governance of the business development process in accordance with Best Practice
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- A university degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or related subject;
- At least 3 years of experience in a business development role;
- Good knowledge of complete business winning lifecycle, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and win strategies;
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise multiple, simultaneous activities;
- Excellent communicator with strong planning and delivery orientation;
- Commercial / financial / business acumen;
- Able to build relationships with colleagues and work cooperatively with others to achieve goals;
- Excellent written and spoken English.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Proven track record in the development of Professional Engineering Services business for the space sector;
- Knowledge of European space related institutions and industry;
- At least a rudimental sense of humour is highly desirable.
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.