ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
On behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA), we are looking for a IT DOORS Technical IT Engineer for their location in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, to join their IT Support to Space & Technical Projects Section.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Setup a DOORS environment for various ESA projects and directorates;
- Setup and maintain a Cloud service for DOORS;
- Identify requirements based on classified and unclassified DOORS environments depending on projects needs;
- The user access to the DOORS system will be also from outside ESA firewalls for authorized external users (e.g. Industry, EU, GSA). In the case of access from outside the ESA firewall is necessary, it will be made by means of security tokens, subject to the ESA Security policies. Certain projects might not allow external access from outside ESA firewalls;
- Work closely with corporate IT services to find the best possible solutions for DOORS environments for internal and external users;
- Specification and set up of DOORS projects for users if requested;
- Provide assistance in the technical and functional use of the applications under the Contractor’s responsibility;
- Address requests related to applications and products out of his scope to the relevant support groups keeping the user informed;
- The contractor shall provide expert advice regarding current system functionality and respond to:
- Requests for manipulation of the database (e.g. generation of specific script for data upload, application configuration, etc.);
- Requests for data extraction, ad-hoc reports, etc;
- Troubleshooting applications errors not requiring intervention of the development team.
- Msc Engineering or PhD from a recognised Institution of secondart studies or equivalent;
- A deep understanding of IBM DOORS is required;
- Proficiency in databases systems (e.g. Oracle, MariaDB, etc.);
- A good experience in developing Web applications using standard application frameworks and related Web technologies;
- Capable of Java (web) development;
- Capable in Software development (Pascal, C, C++, Java, Spring, Hibernate, PL/SQL, Perl, PHP, VB);
- Proficient in Software Debugging;
- Proficient in running operational environments;
- A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English language is essential. Excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal, negotiation, etc.) are crucial;
- Must be able to train and explain issues to users over the telephone and email, and to maintain clear communication with the ESA’s technical responsible on all tasks and projects;
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- High sense of rigour, proactive attitude to solve problems;
- Service orientation.
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.