To help organizations make strategic investments
Atlas AI helps organizations decide where to invest in emerging markets. Founded by a team of Stanford University scientists and backed by Airbus, Micron and The Rockefeller Foundation, we apply cutting edge artificial intelligence techniques to measure localized socioeconomic conditions across emerging markets. We use this proprietary data to analyze, monitor and forecast regions of growth, stagnation, and vulnerability to offer insight into where organizations can grow most successfully, and where investment can best drive economic progress. We work with a wide range of customers, including fast growing African startups, global multinationals and large development finance institutions. Read more about our company’s work in this blog post by our CEO.
As a Solutions Engineer at Atlas AI, you will be part of the core team working to ensure successful customer deployments and continuous learning for our product and platform development efforts. The Solutions Engineer reports directly to Atlas AI’s Head of Applied Data Science and partners with our Product Engineering and Business Development teams to expand our customer footprint. You will support our customers as they adopt and integrate our products and solutions, and work closely with them to gather feedback and improve implementation. Your work as part of cross-functional teams will feed into our product, innovation, and impact roadmaps.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will:
- Provide technical sales support throughout the sales cycle, from supporting pre-sales discussions with customers, to assessing requirements, and recommending the best possible solutions.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and demonstrations explaining Atlas AI’s products and services to prospective customers.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts within the Applied Data Science team to assess feasibility of customer-focused solutions, refine scope and technical details of complex programs, and generally represent the voice and requirements of the customer within Atlas AI throughout the sales cycle.
- Support the Business Development team in the development of technical proposals and generate or source technical content specific to the customer’s application or problem set in a timely manner to ensure customer deadlines and business needs are met.
- Serve as a primary liaison between the Business Development and Product teams and substantiate customer feedback and experience with the use of Atlas AI solutions
- Support customer data delivery, serving as the focal point for technical support throughout the customer onboarding process and contract lifecycle.
- Help identify gaps in current capabilities to drive the product roadmap and enhance offerings to our customer base.
What you’ll bring:
- M.S. or equivalent in quantitative field such engineering / economics / science / mathematics
- Five years of relevant experience across multiple geographies as a sales engineer, technical program manager, or solutions engineer, ideally a mix of experience among large enterprise, early stage startup, or public agency settings
- Past focus on deploying enterprise software and/or analytics solutions into verticals such as financial services, energy, logistics, healthcare or telecommunications
- Experience developing technical reports and proposals
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences in presentations and other formats
- Fundamental knowledge of data structures, algorithms, tools, and the fundamentals of statistics and mathematics underlying modern spatial data science, and data science in general
- Excellent coding, engineering, and data management practices, including:
- Proficiency with data science tools, particularly those dedicated to geospatial data (ex. Python: gdal, shapely, rasterio, geopandas; R: raster, rgdal, rgeos, maptools, shapefiles)
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) workflows with tools (QGIS, ESRI Suite, etc)
- Familiarity with databases (SQL, etc) and data warehousing/management tools (ex. GCP, Digital Ocean).
We are looking for someone who has:
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, both written and oral
- Independence and ownership of work in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Intellectual curiosity and and desire to contribute across cultures in a dynamic global environment
- Comfort managing trade offs between attention to detail and speed of execution
- Ability to travel across the region in order to meet with customers and partners
We are a distributed team and this position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. This role requires eligibility to work for a USA-based company while residing in Kenya and international travel when needed.
We offer a casual and inclusive working environment, competitive compensation, and great benefits. We are a values-driven company, and take great pride in building products that are designed to improve lives and foster development across emerging markets.
Atlas AI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.